Who are the best real estate agents in Excelsior, Minnesota according to Zillow.com? A recent search for the top agents in Excelsior revealed the following Minnesota agents who specialize in Excelsior home sales.
The 10 Best Real Estate Agents in Excelsior, Minnesota
- Zinn Family Realtors CB Burnet
- Joel Hentges with Counselor Realty
- Aaron and Adrienne Thompson with Excelsior Real Estate
- Kristi Weinstock with Coldwell Banker
- Eric and Sharla Stafford with Coldwell Banker Burnet
- The Hermann Group with Edina Realty
- Dave Thorp with Burnet
- Ryan Platzke with Helgeson/Platzke Real Estate Group
- Candi and Scott Stabeck with Lakes Sotheby’s
- Kathy Rauth and Sarah Polovitz with Edina Realty
Why Move to Exceslior, Minnesota and Buy a Home?
The city of Excelsior is located 19 miles west of downtown Minneapolis nestled along the shores of picturesque Lake Minnetonka. Excelsior is a smaller city, home to approximately 2,300 residents and is bordered by Shorewood to the west and south, Lake Minnetonka to the north and Greenwood to the east.
Excelsior is easily accessible via MN Highway 7, a major east/west highway that passes through the city center.
While one of the smaller communities in the Twin Cities, Excelsior is very popular with visitors due to its location along Lake Minnetonka, charming shops, popular restaurants and overall charm. The pedestrian friendly downtown Excelsior has several shops most notably, Excelsior Bay Books, Antiquity Rose Antiques, Capers and Excelsior Coin and Collectables. The city is also a much frequented destination due to the popular restaurants in the area. Waterfront favorites Maynards and the Bayside Grille are packed with visitors during the summer months and additional nearby favorites include places like Jake O’Connor’s, 318 Café, Biella Ristorante and Yumi’s Waterfront Cafe & Sushi Bar.
Downtown Excelsior also features a Kowalski’s grocery store and Haskell’s Wine Shop and additional shopping options can be found a few miles east on the city around the intersection of Highway 7 and County Road 101. This busy intersection features a Super Target, Fratallone Hardware, bank branches and several fast food restaurants.
Excelsior’s location along the shores of Lake Minnetonka provides for numerous recreational amenities. At over 14,000 acres, Lake Minnetonka is made up of numerous bays, inlets and channels and features over 125 miles of shoreline. The lake is one of the most popular lakes in the region for boating, sailing, fishing and swimming. All of these amenities are just steps away from most Excelsior residents.
Lake Minnetonka is also the headwaters of the Minnehaha Creek, a popular and unspoiled creek that flows throughout the city eastward towards the Mississippi River. Additionally, the Southwest Regional Light Rail Transit Trail, a favorite of bicyclists and walkers, passes through downtown Excelsior. Excelsior Commons Park, at the north end of town is the most popular perk for Excelsior residents and features a swimming beach, playground, tennis courts, baseball fields and picnic areas.
There are a number of popular community events held each year in Excelsior. Art in the Park, the Fourth of July celebration and the Apple Day festivities attract thousands of visitors each year.
Excelsior is served by the Minnetonka School District, a highly rated school districts ranked 9 out of 10 by greatschools.org and ranked #4 in the State of Minnesota by Newsweek Magazine. The district features six elementary schools, two middle schools and Minnetonka High School. Nearby private schools include Accell Academy, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School and Minnetonka Christian Academy.
Excelsior contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 40% percent of all households in Excelsior with the remaining 60% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Excelsior is $61,406 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.Published in Tags: aaron thompson best realtor dave thorp eric and sharla stafford excelsior minnesota joel hentges kristi weinstock ryan platzke scott stabeck zinn family realtors