Apple Valley, MN Home Sales and Home Values

Apple Valley, MN home sales have been strong during the past 12 months. Home values in Apple Valley currently range from the low $200’s to the high $400’s. Referz has identified a number of highly reviewed real estate agents in Apple Valley including Brad Lacher with Keller Williams, Nicole Junker with Coldwell Banker, Gail Strom with RE/MAX Results, Joe Mueler with RE/MAX Results, Wendy Carson and Jeff Scislow with RE/MAX. The top selling real estate agent among this group is Jeff Scislow who has sold more than 3000 homes over the past 30 years of selling homes in this Minneapolis suburb. 

The City of Apple Valley is located approximately 20 miles south of downtown Minneapolis and within minutes from shopping, dining and numerous recreational amenities. Apple Valley, named as the 24th “Best Place to Live” for cities under 300,000 in population by Money Magazine in July 2008, is home to approximately 49,983 residents and is bordered by Burnsville to the west, Eagan to the north, Rosemount to the east and Lakeville to the south.

Apple Valley is easily accessible via Interstate 35E and MN Highway 77, two major regional thoroughfares in the area that pass through the city.

The majority of the retail and shopping is centered on the intersection of Cedar Avenue and County Road 42. This area is known as downtown Apple Valley, or the “Apple Core” and features over 200 shops, 60 restaurants and a few hotels. This thriving area features larger retailers such as Wal-Mart, Rainbow Foods, Target and a CVS Pharmacy and other notable establishments such as LA Fitness, Broadway Pizza, Osaka Seafood and Famous Dave’s Barbeque, as well as several additional dining options and numerous service-oriented businesses.

Apple Valley is also home to the Minnesota Zoo, a nationally known zoological garden that features more than 2,700 animals from several distinct zones around the world. Founded in 1978, the Minnesota Zoo has over one million visitors each year and is one of the more popular attractions in the region. Additionally, residents of Apple Valley are located within a twenty minute drive or less to major regional entertainment attractions such as Buck H Ill Ski Area, Historic Murphy’s Landing, Valleyfair Amusement Park, Mystic Lake Casino, the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, Canterbury Park Racetrack and the Mall of America.

Apple Valley contains hundreds of businesses throughout and the city’s largest employers are Apple Valley Schools-ISD #196, Dakota County, Fischer Sand & Aggregate Co, NWA Federal Credit Union, Uponor Wirsbo Co, City of Apple Valley, Apple Valley Ford, Wal-Mart, Apple Valley Health Care Center

Apple Valley features an extensive park system which hundreds of acres of designated parks and maintained trails throughout the city. Lebanon Hills Regional Park, the largest park in Apple Valley and Dakota County contains 2,000 acres of land and offers miles of trails and several lakes for year-round outdoor sports, recreation and environmental education.

The city of Apple Valley is served by Independent School District 196, which features six elementary, three middle schools and three high schools: Apple Valley Senior High school, Eastview High School and the School of Environmental Studies. The school district contains one of the highest graduation rates in the state of Minnesota and is ranked 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org.

Apple Valley contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 88% percent of all households in Apple Valley with the remaining 12% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Apple Valley is $69,752 per household.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account