Bloomington, MN Neighborhood Profile and Housing Information - Real Estate Agent Reviews and Best Realtors

Bloomington, MN Neighborhood Profile and Housing Information

According to Trulia.com, Bloomington, MN housing prices range from around $130,000 to the low $400’s. Homes on the lower-end of the price spectrum will be condos and townhomes. If your housing budget is in the mid to upper $200’s, you should be able to find a single family home that meets your needs. Zillow.com recommends The Minnesota Real Estate Team, Karissa White with RE/MAX, Steve Sasalenda with RE/MAX and Nouk Haschka with Edina Realty. Another Referz.com REALTOR® to consider is Jay Anderson with Coldwell Banker. He has sold around 1000 homes over the past 23 years and has been recognized as one of the top 50 real estate agents with Coldwell Banker Burnet

The city of Bloomington is conveniently located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Minneapolis and features an abundance of green space, top schools and world class shopping. Bloomington, the third largest city in the Twin Cities and home to approximately 81,000 residents, is bordered by Eden Prairie to the west, Edina, Richfield, and the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport to the north, and the pristine Minnesota River and Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge to the south and east.

Bloomington is easily accessible via Interstates 35W and 494 and Minnesota State Highways 62 and 77, four major Twin Cities arterial routes that either border or pass through the city. Additionally, Bloomington is also served by the Hiawatha Line, part of the Minneapolis Light Rail Transit System that carries passengers north to the Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport and downtown Minneapolis.

Bloomington is mostly residential with the majority of the commercial development located on or near the Interstate 494 corridor. This busy stretch is characterized by several large national retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kohl’s, Target and Home Depot, as well as the largest indoor water park in the U.S, The Water Park of America. Notable restaurants include Kincaid’s, Chez Colette, David Fong’s, Tandoor, and Sencer’s.

The most famous landmark along this stretch is the Mall of America, internationally recognized as the largest indoor mall in the U.S and home to over 520 various retail stores, award winning restaurants, movie theaters and a large amusement park.

The largest employers in Bloomington include the Mall of America Tenants, with over 13,000 employees, Health Partners, Seagate Technology, Bloomington School District, Toro Company, Holiday Companies, and Donaldson Company.

Approximately one third of Bloomington is dedicated to green space and parkland including the 2,000-acre Hyland-Bush Anderson Park Preserve, the 500-acre Marsh Lake Park and the adjacent Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, one of only four American national wildlife refuges in an urban setting, and the largest. As some of the largest parks in the entire region, these expansive areas offer golfing, fishing, down- hill and cross-country skiing, canoeing, boat rentals and miles and miles of walking and biking paths.

Bloomington features several other smaller neighborhood parks throughout the city that offer plenty of recreational amenities for all ages and the city is also home to six lakes and over 100 smaller lakes and ponds scattered throughout the city.

There are sixteen public schools in the highly rated Bloomington School District, including eleven elementary schools, three middle schools and two high schools: Kennedy and Jefferson. Richfield High School, home to 1,500 students in grades 9-12. There are also about half a dozen private schools throughout the city that cater to students of all ages and Normandale Community College, located in the center of the city, is home to some 13,000 full and part-time students

Bloomington contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 70% percent of all households in Bloomington with the remaining 30% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Bloomington is $54,628 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account