Camden Homes in Lind Bohanon Area of Minneapolis, MN

homes in Camden

The Minneapolis neighborhood of Camden has numerous smaller divisions including the Lind Bohanon neighorhood. Homes in the neighborhood are affordable with pricing beginning at less than $100,000. There are some of the best Minneapolis real estate agents selling homes in the area including Marissa Skajo with Downtown Resource Group, Eric Perkins with Edina Realty and Jordan Schroeder with RE/MAX. 

The Lind-Bohanon neighborhood, named after the park the neighborhood is centered on and for Jenny Lind, a famous 19th century Swedish opera singer, is a quiet mostly residential neighborhood located on the far northern boundary of the city adjacent to the Minneapolis suburb of Brooklyn Center. This north Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Humboldt Avenue to the west, Lyndale Avenue and Mississippi Drive to the east and 53rd Avenue to the north, Humboldt Avenue to the east and North Mississippi Park to the south.

Lind-Bohanon is known for the abundance of green space and parkland located within and just outside the neighborhood.

Bohanon Park, located in the middle of the neighborhood and adjacent to the Jenny Lind Elementary School (grades K-5), is a popular neighborhood park that features courts for basketball and tennis, playground and wading pool for neighborhood children, several athletic fields and a ice rink during the winter months.

The Humboldt Greenway on the western border of the neighborhood is an area where numerous older single-family homes were replaced with newer single-family homes and green space.

North Mississippi Park, located on the eastern side of the neighborhood along the western bank of the Mississippi River, features stunning scenery, covered picnic areas, fishing dock, boat launch and a new state-of-the-art playground with a wading pool. During the winter months the park is very popular for cross country skiing and snowshoeing. The park is part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, which directly links the Lind-Bohanon neighborhood to miles of paths, trails and parks throughout the city of Minneapolis.

The creek that travels through the neighborhood takes its name from when the first shingle mill was constructed in Hennepin County back in 1852 near the mouth of the creek.

Shingle Creek Park and Creekview Park, located along the banks of Shingle Creek in the west and southern portions of the neighborhood, features several recreational amenities including basketball courts, soccer, baseball and softball fields, walking and bike paths, volleyball courts, picnic areas and a large playground that features a 3-story play structure, the only one of its kind in all of Minneapolis. Combined together, Shingle Creek Park and Creekview Park make up 75-acres.

While there are no major commercial corridors in the neighborhood, Shingle Creek is conveniently located in close proximity to major retail and shopping areas, mainly just northwest of the neighborhood in Brooklyn Center. Brookdale, a major regional indoor shopping mall, features over 75 stores, including major department stores Macy’s, Kohls and Sears. Adjacent to Brookdale along Brooklyn Boulevard are several additional casual dining options, restaurants, coffee shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, Target, Movie Theater, pharmacy, bank branches and a few health clinics.

The neighborhood contains very few renters, with owner occupied homes making up 85% percent of all households in Lind-Bohanon with the remaining 15% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $34,985 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account