Camden’s Minneapolis Neighborhood – McKinley

Homes in mckinley NE minneapolis

Homes in the Camden neighborhood of McKinley are affordably priced. A search of Realtor.com reveals that home prices start at $56,000 for a one bedroom, one bathroom house, though this appears to be a fixer-upper. If you’re looking for a livable property with some updates, you are looking to spend around $150,000 for a single family home. Prices in the neighorhood have been increasing over the past few years rising from about $58,000 in 2014 to a current median list price of $130,000 today. According to GreatSchools, the McKinley community of Minneapolis has some under performing schools. All of the elementary schools are rated either a 1 or 2. 

Referz suggests REALTOR® Kurt Nowacki with Rock Solid Companies if you are looking for a greal real estate agent in McKinley. He has been selling homes in the area for 12 years and he has sold about 200 homes. Last year he sold more homes in Northeast Minneapolis than any other agent. So if you need an agent in NE Mpls, he would be a great option there as well. 

The McKinley neighborhood, named after William McKinley, the 25th president of the United States, Dr. William Folwell, the first president of the University of Minnesota, is a quiet and diverse neighborhood located in close proximity to downtown Minneapolis as well as to nearby commercial shopping areas. This north Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Dupont Avenue, Dowling Avenue to the north, the Mississippi River to the east and Lowry Avenue to the south.

Interstate 94 bisects the neighborhood and the eastern portion of McKinley along the Mississippi River is all commercial and industrial. The area of McKinley to the west of Interstate 94 is nearly all residential, mainly with single-family homes built in the early 20th century. There are some smaller commercial corridors on the neighborhood boundaries and to the south of the neighborhood. Portions of the neighborhood are undergoing re-development and the city is also considering a long range plan to transition the area of McKinley along the Mississippi River into residential and parkland uses.

Lowry Avenue, on the southern border of the neighborhood features casual dining options, ethnic restaurants, a hardware store, health clinics, post office, library and a few gas/convenience stores. Further south of the neighborhood is the West Broadway commercial corridor, a thriving stretch that features retail shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, CVS Pharmacy, bank branches, gas/convenience stores, salons, neighborhood taverns, entertainment, several dining options and numerous other service oriented businesses that cater to local residents.

Additionally, downtown Minneapolis is easily accessible from the McKinley neighborhood via the numerous bus routes that traverse the neighborhood or by major nearby arterial roads and Interstate 94. As the commercial, social, and cultural pulse for the entire region, downtown Minneapolis features numerous cultural attractions, entertainment options, shopping, theaters, hotels and numerous additional dining choices.

The main park within the neighborhood is Perkins Hill Park. This popular park that is also adjacent to City View Community School (grades K-8) features wide open green spaces, picnic areas, basketball courts and a playground for the younger residents.

A few blocks north of McKinley is the North Mississippi Regional Park, a large somewhat hidden park along the banks of the Mississippi River. This urban oasis features stunning scenery, covered picnic areas, fishing dock, boat launch and a new state-of-the-art playground with a wading pool. During the winter months, the park is very popular for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.

Victory Memorial Parkway, located to the north and west of the neighborhood, is part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, and features miles of paths, trails and parks throughout the city of Minneapolis. South on the parkway is the 742-acre Theodore Wirth Park, the largest regional park in the Minneapolis Park System and home to Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, miles of skiing and hiking trails, a snowboard park, 18-hole golf course and swimming beach.

The neighborhood contains few renters, with owner occupied homes making up 74% percent of all households in McKinley with the remaining 26% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $37,097 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account