Discover the Victory Neighborhood of Minneapolis

Minneapolis Victory Real Estate

Minneapolis Victory Home Prices

Real estate in the Minneapolis Victory neighborhood is affordably priced. Current home prices are averaging $178,000 according to Trulia.com. This equates to an average price per sqft of $153.  The average home price of nearby neighborhoods such as Cleveleand ($134,000), Lind-Bohanon ($137,000) and Willard-Hay ($153,000) are even lower. 

Minneapolis Victory Real Estate Agents

Anyone looking for a Minneapolis real estate agent who specializes in homes sales in Victory, may want to consider Stephanie Gruver with RE/MAX, Arne Johansson with Johansson Realty, The Minnesota Real Estate Team, Mike Spicer with RE/MAX or Theo Sandberg with RE/MAX. Of course, if you are looking for a personalized recommendation, you can contact Referz directly and they will help to find an agent who suits your needs. 

Life in Victory Minneapolis

Victory Memoral Park

The Victory neighborhood was named after theVictory Memorial Drive, a beautiful landscaped boulevard commemorating fallen World War I soldiers from Hennepin County and is recognized as the largest such war memorial in the Twin Cities. Victory is a quiet north Minneapolis residential neighborhood that is bound by Victory Memorial Parkway and Xerxes Avenue to the west, the Burlington Northern Railroad to the north, Newton and Penn Avenues to the east and Dowling avenue to the south.

Victory is predominantly characterized by single-family homes built in the first half of the 20th century. There aren’t any major commercial corridors in the neighborhood, but there are a few smaller retail stretches and corners. In the northeast corner of the neighborhood along 44th Avenue, residents will find a coffee house, café, pizzeria and English themed pub.  The area around the intersection of Thomas Avenue and 42nd Avenue features a pizzeria, deli and auto garage.

South of the neighborhood is the West Broadway commercial corridor, the main shopping area for north Minneapolis. This thriving stretch that features several retail shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, CVS Pharmacy, bank branches, gas/convenience stores, salons, neighborhood taverns, entertainment, several dining options and numerous other service oriented businesses that cater to local residents.

Victory Memorial Parkway, which runs along the western border of the neighborhood and then turning east through Victory is part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, and directly links the Victory neighborhood to miles of paths, trails and parks throughout the city of Minneapolis. A few minutes south on the parkway is the 742-acre Theodore Wirth Park, the largest regional park in the Minneapolis Park System and home to Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, miles of skiing and hiking trails, a snowboard park, 18-hole golf course and swimming beach.

Victory Park in Minneapolis

Victory Park, which borders the parkway in the northern portion of the neighborhood, is a popular neighborhood park that features soccer, baseball and softball fields, basketball and tennis courts, picnic areas and a playground and wading pool. Further east of this park along Victory Memorial Parkway is the larger Webber Park which features gardens, several athletic fields, basketball and tennis courts, a pool, and a playground. There is also a pond that is turned into a skating, broomball and hockey rink during the winter months.

North Mississippi Regional Park, located just a few locks northeast of Webber Park is a large and somewhat hidden park along the banks of the Mississippi River. This urban oasis features stunning scenery, covered picnic areas, fishing dock, boat launch and a new state-of-the-art playground and wading pool. During the winter months, the park is very popular for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.

Minneapolis victory restaurants

The neighborhood contains very few renters, with owner occupied homes making up 90% percent of all households in Victory with the remaining 10% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $45,396 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

  Things to do in minneapolis Victory 

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account