Eagan Minnesota Relocation Guide

The City of Eagan is a diverse city located approximately 20 miles south of downtown Minneapolis and within minutes from shopping, neighborhood parks and numerous recreational amenities. Eagan, named as the 10th “Best Place to Live” for cities under 300,000 in population by Money Magazine in 2010, is the fourth largest suburb in the Twin Cities and home to approximately 65,847 residents. The city is bordered by Burnsville and the Minnesota River to the west, Mendota Heights to the north, Inver Grove Heights to the east and Apple Valley and Rosemount to the south.

Eagan is easily accessible via Interstate Highway 35E, Interstate Highway 494 and Minnesota Highways 13, 55, 77, and 149, six main routes that pass through the city.

eagan mn top five realtor

Some of the top real estate agents in Eagan, Minnesota.

 

Eagan features an abundance of retail, restaurants and shopping options throughout the city, but the main commercial shopping areas are primarily located along Interstate 35E around the intersections of Yankee Doodle Road and Lone Oak Road. These larger commercial corridors feature major grocers such as Byerly’s. Rainbow Foods and Cub Foods; major national retailers such as Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes and Target as well as numerous smaller specialty stores, l causal and upscale dining options, hotels and smaller service-oriented businesses.

Eagan is home to hundreds of businesses and thousands of workers commute to Eagan every day due to the abundance of employers in the city. The northern portions of the city is located in close proximity to the Minneapolis/St Paul International Airport and major transportation thoroughfares, thus features numerous warehouses and distribution centers. West Publishing Group maintains its headquarters in the city and the other leading employers in the city are West Information Publishing Group, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Mesaba Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Lockheed Martin Tactical Defense, US Post Service, United Parcel Service, Coca-Cola Bottling Co and Ecolab.

Eagan features an extensive park system with 54 designated city parks encompassing over 1,300 acres. Lebanon Hills Regional Park, the largest park in Eagan and Dakota County contains 2,000 acres of land and offers miles of trails and several lakes for year-round outdoor sports, recreation and environmental education. Also located in the northern portion of the city along the Minnesota River is Fort Snelling State Park, a massive regional park that link to Minnehaha Park and the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge.

The city of Eagan is served by three school districts, 191, 196 and 197 (ranked 8 out of 10 by greatschools.org). This extensive system features ten elementary schools, 2 middle schools and Eagan Senior High Schools. Private schools in Eagan include Tesseract School, Faithful Sheppard Catholic School and Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran School.

Eagan contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 75% percent of all households in Eagan with the remaining 25% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Eagan is $67,388 per household.

best realtor in eagan list

More of Eagan’s best real estate agents.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
2 Comments
  1. Marilyn Sindo 1 year ago

    We are relocating to the Twin Cities and found it interesting that Eagan is listed as one of the top 10 cities in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. We are moving from Las Vegas and have heard a lot about Chanhassen which seems to be included in many of the “best places to live” lists. After reading about all of the great things to do in Eagan, we definitely plan to look at some homes while we’re in town next week.

    Do you recommend the agents recommended in your article or would you recommend somebody else for us since we are relocating from out of state?

  2. Profile photo of Chuck Harris Author
    Chuck Harris 1 year ago

    Yes, you should definitely consider looking at homes in Eagan if you are relocating to the Twin Cities area. You should consider George Rahlf with Edina Realty if you need a real estate agent in Eagan. He isn’t listed on the Referz website, however, we have worked with him for many years and he is a great resource for Eagan homes. About 90% of the property he sells is located in Eagan, so he is a great resource for local information.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account