East Calhoun Homes in Minneapolis - Real Estate Agent Reviews and Best Realtors

East Calhoun Homes in Minneapolis

Condo on Lake Calhoun

Homes in the Minneapolis neighborhood of East Calhoun range in price from around $400,000 to more than $2 million. Home sales are always strong due to the premium location next to the lake as well as great shopping and restaurants. There are a variety of housing options including historic single family properties built in the early 1900’s. During the past 15 years there have been a number of luxury condominium built in the area that take advantage of the beautiful lake views.

There are a number of great realty companies who serve the East Calhoun area including Edina Realty, Sotheby’s and Coldwell Banker. 

The East Calhoun neighborhood in Minneapolis is only about 24 square blocks. The ECCO neighborhood, short for the East Calhoun Community Organization, is both a quiet residential and vibrant neighborhood located on the east side of Lake Calhoun. The neighborhood is bound by Lake Calhoun to the west, Lake Street to the north, Hennepin Avenue to the east and 36th Street to the south.

A wide variety of amenities are located in and around the ECCO neighborhood particularity along Hennepin Avenue and Lake Street, which is collectively known as the Uptown area. This unique and trendy area has long been a popular destination for neighborhood residents, suburbanites and tourists and is well known for shopping, dining, entertainment and leisure. The pedestrian atmosphere and the abundant specialty boutique stores and services have made the Uptown area an attractive location to live and play. Here residents will find numerous retailers, highly rated restaurants, casual dining options, night clubs, wine bars, movie theaters, coffee shops and grocery stores.

The largest recreational amenity in the neighborhood is Lake Calhoun, located along the entire western border of the neighborhood and just steps away from most residents. The largest of Minneapolis’ chain of lakes, Lake Calhoun is surrounded by parks, bike paths, walking paths and offers numerous recreational amenities including fishing docks, swimming beaches, sailing, volleyball courts, soccer fields, and a popular fish and chips eatery named “The Tin Fish“. The 401-acre lake is also popular for fishing, sailing and windsurfing. Additionally, the nearby bike and walking paths surrounding Lake Calhoun connect with the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway to offer residents of the West Calhoun neighborhood access to miles of trails, bike and walking paths throughout Minneapolis.

The annual Uptown Art Fair is held during the first full weekend of August and features local, national, and international artists. One of the most well respected art festivals in the nation, the Uptown Art Fair attracts around 375,000 visitors and includes paintings, sculptures, clothing, pottery, jewelry, glass, food and entertainment.

The housing in ECCO varies and includes both multi-family apartment buildings scattered through the neighborhood as well as single-family homes that were built mostly around the turn of the 20th century.

Public transportation is very popular in the ECCO neighborhood with several bus routes running along Hennepin Avenue taking commuters a few miles north in downtown Minneapolis or to numerous connecting routes at the Uptown Transit Station located just north of the neighborhood.

Home owners in the neighborhood are the minority with owner occupied homes making up just 36% percent of all households in ECCO, with the remaining 64% of households considered as renters. Average median household income is higher at $54,793 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

Residents can pretty much find anything you need in this vibrant neighborhood, hence the reason ECCO is home to a very diverse group of residents ranging from artists and musicians to working professionals and families.

East Calhoun Minneapolis, MN Grocery Condo on Lake Calhoun path to lake calhoun in mpls, mn east calhoun minneapolis restaurants

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account