Edina real estate prices range from the mid $300,000 range to over $2 million. Homes in Edina have historically been some of the most coveted real estate in the Twin Cities due to great schools, high quality homes, distance to the city and beautiful parks and recreation opportunities.
Referz Real Estate Agents in Edina
- Alex Goldfarb
- Geoffrey Serdar
- James Kalitowski
- John Leonard
- Matt Engen
- Ryan Dybevik
- Torrey Kanne
The city of Edina is conveniently located approximately 10 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis and features charming homes, plenty of green space and one of the better school systems in the Twin Cities. Edina is home to approximately 49,500 residents and is bordered by Eden Prairie, Minnetonka and Hopkins to the west, St. Louis Park to the north, Minneapolis and Richfield to the east and Bloomington to the south.
Edina is easily accessible via Interstate 494 and Minnesota State Highways 62, 100 and 169, four major Twin Cities arterial routes that either border or pass through the city.
Edina is a diverse city with a good mixture of residential uses, parkland, commercial and retail. The major shopping and retail areas are primarily located around the Southdale corridor, Vernon Avenue and the charming 50th and France District. Southdale, the first enclosed indoor mall in the U.S. is home to over 120 specialty stores and three main anchor tenants – Macy’s, JC Penney and Marshall’s. The area surrounding Southdale is one of the largest shopping and retail areas in the Twin Cities and includes the Galleria Mall and recently built Westin Hotel, Centennial Lakes Plaza, Yorktown Mall and several smaller strip malls, Cub Foods, Walgreen’s, office buildings, health clinics and restaurants.
South of the Southdale corridor is the well known 50th & France area, which features over 175 upscale retailers including various apparel stores, jewelers, restaurants, cafes, spas, salons, the Edina Movie Theater and a Lunds grocery store. Just west of 50th & France, is Vernon Avenue, a smaller and quieter retail area that features Jerry’s Foods, the Edina Library, City Hall and smaller retailers like Starbucks, Blockbuster and an Ace hardware store.
Edina is home to several employers and major corporations including, Alliant Techsystems Inc., Dairy Queen, Nash Finch Company, and Regis Corporation.
There are 44 parks scattered throughout Edina totaling over 1,500 acres. This impressive park system offers residents unlimited recreational amenities including numerous athletic fields, basketball and tennis courts, modern playgrounds and miles of scenic pathways for walking, biking, jogging and cross-country skiing. Also included in the Edina Park System is the Edina Aquatic Center, Edina Art Center, Braemar Ice Arena, Braemar Golf Courses, Braemar Golf Dome, Centennial Lakes Park, Edinborough Park, Fred Richards Golf Course, Arneson Acres Park and the Edina Senior Center.
There are nine public schools in the highly rated Edina School District (ranked 10 out of 10 by greatschools.org), including six elementary schools, two middle schools and Edina High School, ranked #89 in Newsweek Magazine’s “List of the 1200 Top High Schools in America”. There are three private grade schools in Edina as well as six colleges including, Cardinal Stritch University, Devry University, Minnesota State University, Mankato education site, Minnesota School of Business, Broadview Institute and the Keller Graduate School of Management
Edina contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 77% percent of all households in Edina with the remaining 23% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Edina is $66,019 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minnesota of $47,111.Published in Tags: edina homes edina minnesota edina realty edina schools