Find a Mahtomedi, Minnesota Realtor

Selling a house in Mahtomedi, MN can be fast and easy if you hire a local real estate agent who is experienced and reliable. Be sure to do your research before choosing a real estate agent to market and sell your house. A couple of real estate agents you could consider include Brad Torgerson with RE/MAX in Shoreview or Pete Aplikowski, another RE/MAX real estate agent who works from their office in Shoreview.

The City of Mahtomedi is located approximately 15 miles northeast of downtown St. Paul along the shores of White Bear Lake, one of the largest lakes in the region. Mahtomedi is a smaller and predominantly residential suburb that is home to approximately 8,048 residents. The city is bordered by White Bear Lake, the City of White Bear Lake and Birchwood Village to the west, Dellwood to the north, Grant to the east and Pine Springs and Oakdale to the south.

Mahtomedi is easily accessible via MN Highway 244 and Interstate 694, two highways that pass through or border the city.

Mahtomedi is predominantly all residential and features rolling terrain, several lakes and ponds and plenty of wide open green space. The most notable body of water is White Bear Lake along the city’s western border. White Bear Lake is the largest lake in the region and very popular among boaters, swimmers and fisherman, both in the summer and winter months.

The nearest commercial shopping are within the city is located around the intersection of Century Avenue North and Interstate 694. This area features a couple of gas/convenience stores, Jethro’s Char House, Mills Fleet Farm, a large movie theater, and a few other smaller locally owned businesses that cater to local residents. Additionally, the Maplewood Mall is located a short drive west of Mahtomedi along Interstate 694 and features over 130 specialty stores including a Kohl’s, Sears, Macy’s JC Penney and a two-level 40,000 square foot Barnes and Noble store.

The City of Mahtomedi offers nice park and trail system throughout the city that provides plenty of recreational opportunities for all ages. Chautauqua Park is a popular 1.04-acre park located along the shores of White Bear Lake that features a swimming beach, picnic areas, canoe storage and large grassy open areas. A few minutes south is Mahtomedi Beach, another popular community park and swimming beach on the eastern shore of White Bear Lake. The city’s largest park, Katherine Abbott Park, is centrally located within the city and features over 76-acres of varying terrain, forests and wetlands. Additionally, Mahtomedi’s extensive trail system is also well connected to other regional and county trails system, including the Gateway Trail, which is located just southeast of the city.

The city of Mahtomedi is served by the Mahtomedi Public School District (Independent Scholl District 832). This highly rated school district, ranked 9 out of 10 by greatschools.org, features two elementary schools, one middle school and Mahtomedi High School, recently ranked as one the top 700 public high schools in the country by Newsweek magazine in 2010.

Mahtomedi contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 89% percent of all households in Mahtomedi with the remaining 11% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Mahtomedi is $72,215 per household.

Published in Real Estate AgentsTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account