Home Buyers Information for Minneapolis Camden Neighborhood – Cleveland

 

Your Housing needs in Camden’s Cleveland neighborhood in Minneapolis can be handled by Minneapolis real estate agent Kurt Nowacki with Rock Solid Companies. Kurt has been selling real estate in the area for 12 years and has sold more than 200 homes.  If you are a buyer, Kurt offers a guarantee that he will negotiate a deal with the seller to pay 100% of your closing costs. If he is unable to negotiate the deal, he will give you $1000 at closing. 

The Cleveland neighborhood, thought to have been named after former U.S. President Grover Cleveland, is a quiet residential neighborhood located in close proximity to downtown Minneapolis, the western suburbs, shopping areas and several trails and parks. This north Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Victory Memorial Parkway to the west, Dowling Avenue to the north, Penn Avenue to the east and Lowry Avenue to the south.

Cleveland is nearly all residential with single-family homes and smaller multi-family apartment buildings and duplexes scattered throughout, primarily along Penn and Lowry Avenues. We checked the current inventory of homes for sale in the Minneapolis Cleveland neighborhood on 12/21/2016 and found that homes currently listed for sale range in price from $84,000 to $208,000. Cleveland is definitely one of the more affordable neighborhoods in the Twin Cities. 

Lowry Avenue, on the southern border of the neighborhood, is a small commercial corridor that features casual dining options, ethnic restaurants, hardware store, health clinics, post office, library and a few gas/convenience stores. West Broadway, located further south, is a busier stretch that features retail shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, CVS Pharmacy, bank branches, gas/convenience stores, salons, neighborhood taverns, entertainment, several dining options and numerous other service oriented businesses that cater to local residents.

Penn Avenue on the eastern side of Cleveland features a few other neighborhood businesses such as a health clinic, a gas/convenience stores and a wine store.

Additionally, a few blocks west of Cleveland in the neighboring suburb of Crystal and just north of North Memorial Medical Center is a small retail strip center that features a Rainbow Foods grocery store, a few casual dining options and other smaller service oriented businesses. Further west along County Road 81, there are additional retail and entertainment districts.

Cleveland features acres of green space within or adjacent to the neighborhood. The plush Victory Memorial Parkway, which makes up the neighborhood’s western border, is part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, and directly links the Cleveland neighborhood to miles of paths, trails and parks throughout the city of Minneapolis. South on the parkway is the 742-acre Theodore Wirth Park, the largest regional park in the Minneapolis Park System and home to Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, miles of skiing and hiking trails, a snowboard park, 18-hole golf course and swimming beach.

The main park in the neighborhood, Cleveland Park, is adjacent to the Lucy Craft Laney School (grades K-8) and features baseball, softball and soccer fields, basketball courts, an indoor recreation center and a playground. Just east of the neighborhood is Folwell Park, one of the largest parks in north Minneapolis. This popular 27-acre park includes several athletic fields, courts for basketball and tennis, walking and biking paths and an adjacent indoor recreation center with a gymnasium. Additional parks in the adjacent suburbs of Crystal and Robinsdale are only a few minutes away as well.

This Minneapolis neighborhood contains nearly all homeowners, with owner occupied homes making up 84% percent of all households in Cleveland with the remaining 16% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $42,161 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

home in the minneapolis cleveland neighborhood  cleveland-park cleveland community school in minneapolis noble academy school in minneapolis, mn minneapolis parks and recreation victory memorial

Published in What's Happening in the CommunityTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account