Homes in the Minneapolis Kenwood Neighborhood

Homes in the Kenwood neighborhood are some of the most expensive in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Home values in this area range from just over $1 million to more than $4 million. There is a range of architecture from historic to modern. Home owners in this neigborhood are located across the street from either Cedar Lake or Lake of the Isles, both of which are beautiful city lakes.

The Kenwood neighborhood, whose name is thought to have originated from the name of the company that originally developed the area in the late 19th century, is an upscale and quiet residential neighborhood surrounded by lakes, tree- lined boulevards and parks and located only minutes from downtown Minneapolis. This west Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Cedar Lake Park on the west and north, Kenwood Parkway on the north, Lake of the Isles Parkway on the east and Kenilworth Place and Lake of the Isles Parkway to the south.

There is an abundance of green space throughout the Kenwood neighborhood. Lake of the Isles, which also connects to the larger and busier Lake Calhoun to the south and the serene Cedar Lake to the north, is located along the southern portion of the neighborhood.  The 109-acre Lake of the Isles is surrounded by walking and cycling paths and features an abundance of open green space throughout. There is a popular 3.6-acre off-leash dog park on the south end of the lake and during the winter months, the large part of the northern portion of the lake is transformed in a skating and hockey rink.

Cedar Lake Park which makes up the entire western border of the neighborhood is nearly all forest with the beautiful and serene Cedar Lake beyond. Along the tree-lined shores of Cedar Lake, there are three popular sandy beaches, Cedar Point, Cedar South and East Cedar, which is adjacent to the Kenwood neighborhood and also known as Hidden Beach. The lake is a very popular urban fishing destination and a favorite amongst canoers and kayakers due to the smaller channels that connect to Brownie Lake, Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun beyond. Bordered by Cedar Lake Parkway, Cedar Lake features cycling and walking paths around part of the lake which are easily accessible to Kenwood residents by the Cedar Lake Trial and the Kenilworth Trail. The larger Cedar Lake Trail, known as America’s first bike freeway, travels directly east into downtown Minneapolis and also connects to the Midtown Greenway.

The 32.7-acre Kenwood Park, located just north of Lake of the Isles, is a very popular destination for neighbor residents and features rolling hills, tennis courts, walking paths, softball fields and a playground. Across from Kenwood Park and next to Kenwood Elementary school, there is a small neighborhood retail corner that features a coffee shop and café and a couple of bookstores.

The tree-lined Kenwood Parkway runs through the neighborhood connecting with Lake of the Isles Boulevard and features magnificent older houses, including the home where Kenwood’s most famous fictional resident lived, Mary Richards, from the popular 1970’s Mary Tyler Moore show.

There are very few renters in the neighborhood, with owner occupied homes making up 84% percent of all households in Kenwood, with the remaining 16% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $103,019 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974, making Kenwood one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Minneapolis.

Kenwood Minneapolis Zillow Real Estate Agents

We checked the Zillow Real Estate Agent Review site to see who they recommend for real estate agents in the Kenwood neighborhood. Their list includes Alex Boylan with Edina Realty, Berg Larsen Group with Berg Larsen Group, Bruce Birkeland with Coldwell Banker Burnet, Ben Ganje with Lakes Sotheby’s International, Mark Abdel with RE/MAX Advantage Plus and Michael Wilie with Coldwell Banker. 

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account