Homes in the Minnesota Community of Champlin

According to Zillow and Trulia, homes in Champlin, MN ranage in priced from about $129,000 to around $600,000. Zillow identifies the most active Champlin real estate agents as Lyman and Denise Jenkins with Edina Realty, Dave Long with Edina Realty, Heidi Herda with Keller Williams and Julie Plumedahl with Edina Realty. Referz.com has found Jason Fruen with Edina Realty and Jeff Steinman with themlsonline.com to be top real estate agents in Champlin. We also like Jon Perkins with The Perkins Team from RE/MAX. 

The City of Champlin is located 20 miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis along the west bank of the Mississippi River. Champlin is a predominantly residential suburb located in close proximity to major recreational areas and thriving shopping districts. Champlin is home to approximately 24,010 residents and is bordered by Dayton to the west, The Mississippi River to the north and east, and Maple Grove and Brooklyn Park to the south.

Champlin is easily accessible via US Highway 169, a major regional north/south thoroughfare in the area that passes through the city.

The city’s main retail and commercial area is located along Highway 169. This commercial corridor features notable establishments such as the Mann Theater Complex, Cub foods, Lifetime Fitness, Culvers, a few gas/convenience stores, True Value Hardware, Walgreens,  Moonrock Grill, Target, Aldi’s grocery store, bank branches and several smaller locally owner service oriented businesses. Just North of Champlin across the Mississippi River, is downtown Anoka, a charming and thriving area that features a number of unique businesses, shops and notable restaurants such as Lumpy’s Velvet Lounge, Casa Rio, The Mad Hatter Tea Room and Serum’s Good Time Emporium. 

Champlin has a thriving business community and the city’s largest employers are APW McLean, Lifetime Fitness, County Market, Johansen Bus Service and Scherer Brothers North Windows.

Champlin has a strong sense of community and features several community events and gatherings throughout the year. The city of Champlin is thought to be the site where Father Louis Hennepin first crossed the Mississippi in 1680 and today, the community celebrates its heritage with the annual Father Hennepin Festival, held every year in June and popular with all ages.

Champlin maintains approximately 300 acres of park land at 32 locations. Andrews Park, one of the more popular parks in the city, features several athletic fields, tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, picnic areas, skating rinks and a large modular playground for the younger residents in the area. Additionally, Elm Creek Park, the largest park in the region is partially located within Champlin’s boundaries. At 4,900 acres, Elm Creek Park Reserve features amenities for almost every outdoor activity, including the Winter Recreation Area, Eastman Nature Center, miles of hiking and biking trails, a swimming pond, and a variety of wildlife such as eagles, sandhill cranes, deer, bluebirds, beavers, loons, Trumpeter Swans and hawks.

The city of Champlin is serviced by Anoka-Hennepin School District 11 (ranked 7 out of 10 by greatschools.org) and includes with five elementary schools, one middle school and Champlin Park High School, the third largest high school in the state of Minnesota with a student population of 3,132.

Champlin contains an overwhelming majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 89% percent of all households in Champlin with the remaining 11% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Champlin is $85,831 per household.

Homes in Champlin are reasonably priced and a great housing option for families in the Twin Cities. 

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account