Lowry Hill East Homes in Minneapolis

Home values in the Lowry Hill East neighborhood of Minneapolis range from condos priced around $150,000 to single family homes priced around $500,000. This is a big contrast to home prices just a few blocks to the west where values can reach well over $2 million. There are a number of highly reviewed real estate agents in the area including agents from Edina Realty, Coldwell Banker and Keller Williams. We would be happy to connect you with a highly reviewed agent who can show you homes in the area or if you are selling, we can recommend a great agent who specializes in working with sellers. 

The Lowry Hill East neighborhood, named after Thomas Lowry, a 19th century real-estate magnate who oversaw the growth of streetcar lines in Minneapolis, is a diverse neighborhood located in close proximity to downtown Minneapolis and near numerous amenities and cultural attractions. Because of its triangular shape, the Lowry Hill East is also known as The Wedge. The neighborhood is bound by Hennepin Avenue on the west, the conjunction of Hennepin Avenue and Lyndale Avenue to the north, Lyndale Avenue on the east and Lake Street on the south.

Lowry Hill East has a diversity of housing ranging from elegant turn-of-the-century Victorian residences to large, modern apartment buildings. Many of the larger homes in the neighborhood have become converted to multiple-unit housing and several have been or are in the process of being restored to their original grandeur. Resident of Lowry Hill East are within walking distance and literally surrounded by a variety of shops, restaurants, entertainment, grocery stores, cultural attractions and the nearby Minneapolis chain of lakes.

The uptown area is situated in the southwest corner of the neighborhood. This unique and trendy area has long been a popular destination for neighborhood residents, suburbanites and tourists and is well known for shopping, dining, entertainment and leisure. The pedestrian atmosphere and the abundant specialty boutique stores and services have made the Uptown area an attractive location to live and play. Here residents will find numerous retailers, highly rated restaurants, casual dining options, night clubs, wine bars, movie theaters, coffee shops and grocery stores. There are several additional charming and eclectic stores. Further north along Hennepin Avenue on the neighborhoods’ western border are several additional dining options, a Kowalski’s grocery store, Walgreens and an abundance of other shops and services.

At the southeast corner of Lowry Hill East, is the Lynn-Lake area. This trendy area contains several ethnic restaurants, both fine dining and casual cuisine, along with several boutiques, houseware and specialty stores. Restaurants such as Its Greek to Me, Fujiya, Dulono’s pizza, and Bryant Lake Bowl are some of the long standing and favorites in the Lynn-Lake area. Further north on Lyndale Avenue, residents will find additional specialty stores, boutiques, coffee shops, several dining options and The Wedge, a food coop grocery store that is a favorite amongst Lowry Hill residents.

In the heart of the Lowry Hill East neighborhood sits  the 1.85-acre Mueller Park which features basketball courts, picnic area, playground and wading pool for the younger residents of the neighborhood. Additionally, the 5.7 mile Midtown Greenway traverses the southern portion of the neighborhood just North of Lake Street and is used as a virtually traffic-free route across the city for cyclists, inline skaters, runners and pedestrians.

There are very few home owners in the neighborhood, with owner occupied homes making up just 17% percent of all households in Lowry Hill East, with the remaining 83% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $33,222 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account