Minneaplis Real Estate in Webber - Real Estate Agent Reviews and Best Realtors

Minneaplis Real Estate in Webber

webber camden real estate

Webber Minneapolis Housing and Real Estate

The Minneapolis Webber neighborhood has affordably priced homes according to the Minneapolis MLS. Prices start at less than $100,000 and even the most expensive homes are less than $200,000.  The neighborhood contains some renters, with owner occupied homes making up 66% percent of all households in Webber-Camden with the remaining 34% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $33,717 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974. A home search can be conducted using a Minneapolis real estate agent who can provide you with a list of current MLS listings in the area.

About the Webber Community in Minneapolis

The Webber-Camden neighborhood is named after the city of Camden, New Jersey and Charles C. Webber, the grandson of John Deere, who donated a portion of the land that makes up the neighborhood. Webber-Camden is a quiet and diverse neighborhood located in close proximity to downtown Minneapolis, green space and parks. This north Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Newton and Penn Avenues to the west, the Burlington Northern Railroad to the north, Interstate 94 to the east and Dowling Avenue to the south.

The neighborhood is characterized by industrial uses along the eastern border of the neighborhood and is predominantly residential in the remainder of the neighborhood with single-family homes and a few commercial businesses. Crystal Lake Cemetery takes up the entire southwestern portion of the neighborhood.

There aren’t any major commercial corridors in the neighborhood, but there are a few smaller retail stretches and corners. In the northwest corner of the neighborhood along 44th Avenue, residents will find a coffee house, café, pizzeria and English themed pub. The area around the intersection of Fremont Avenue and 42nd Avenue features a pharmacy, tavern, market barber shop and a couple of auto garages. Along Lyndale Avenue in the northeastern corner of the neighborhood, there are additional casual dining options, ethnic restaurants, and a health clinic.

Weber-Camden Parkway

South of the neighborhood is the West Broadway commercial corridor, the main shopping area for north Minneapolis. This thriving stretch that features several retail shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, CVS Pharmacy, bank branches, gas/convenience stores, salons, neighborhood taverns, entertainment, several dining options and numerous other service oriented businesses that cater to local residents.

Along the northern border of the neighborhood is Webber Park and Victory Memorial Parkway. Webber Park is a popular neighborhood park that features gardens, soccer and softball fields, basketball and tennis courts, pool, and a playground and wading pool for neighborhood children. There is also a pond that is turned into a skating, broomball and hockey rink during the winter months. Victory Memorial Parkway is part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, and directly links the Webber-Camden neighborhood to miles of paths, trails and parks throughout the city of Minneapolis. South on the parkway is the 742-acre Theodore Wirth Park, the largest regional park in the Minneapolis Park System and home to Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, miles of skiing and hiking trails, a snowboard park, 18-hole golf course and swimming beach.

Weber-Camden Webber Park

North Mississippi Regional Park, located just a few locks northeast of Webber Park is a large and somewhat hidden park along the banks of the Mississippi River. This urban oasis features stunning scenery, covered picnic areas, fishing dock, boat launch and a new state-of-the-art playground with a wading pool. During the winter months, the park is very popular for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.

Weber-Camden Park II

 

Weber-Camden HIgh School

 

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account