Minneapolis Homes in the Folwell Neighborhood

Minneapolis Folwell Home Sales

If you have a small home search budget and you’re looking for a cheaper house than the average in Minneapolis, you might want to consider a home in Folwell. Home prices start at less than $100,000 and even the most expensive are less than $200,000 according to Redfin. We checked to see who Zillow is currently recommending in the neighborhood and found Stephanie Gruver with RE/MAX, Mike Spicer with RE/MAX and Rebecca Simonton with RE/MAX. Referz.com can also assist you with finding a Folwell agent, we have assisted many Minneapolis home buyers and would be happy to assist you with your Minneapolis home search. 

The Folwell neighborhood, named after Dr. William Folwell, the first president of the University of Minnesota, is a quiet and mainly residential neighborhood located in close proximity to downtown Minneapolis as well as to nearby commercial shopping areas. This north Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Penn Avenue to the west, Dowling Avenue to the north, Dupont Avenue to the east and Lowry Avenue to the south.

Folwell is characterized by early 20th century homes, multi-family apartment buildings and smaller commercial areas, mainly on the neighborhood boundaries.

Lowry Avenue, on the southern border of the neighborhood features casual dining options, ethnic restaurants, a hardware store, health clinics, post office, library and a few gas/convenience stores. Further south of the neighborhood is the West Broadway commercial corridor, a thriving stretch that features retail shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, CVS Pharmacy, bank branches, gas/convenience stores, salons, neighborhood taverns, entertainment, several dining options and numerous other service oriented businesses that cater to local residents.

Additionally, downtown Minneapolis is easily accessible from the Folwell neighborhood via the numerous bus routes that traverse the neighborhood or by major nearby arterial roads. As the commercial, social, and cultural pulse for the entire region, downtown Minneapolis features numerous cultural attractions, entertainment options, shopping, theaters, hotels and numerous additional dining choices.

The main park within the neighborhood is Folwell Park, one of the largest parks in north Minneapolis. This popular 27-acre park includes several athletic fields, courts for basketball and tennis, walking and biking paths and an adjacent indoor recreation center with a gymnasium. There are several additional city parks only minutes away in the adjacent neighborhoods.

Victory Memorial Parkway, located a few blocks west of the neighborhood, is part of the Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway, and features miles of paths, trails and parks throughout the city of Minneapolis. South on the parkway is the 742-acre Theodore Wirth Park, the largest regional park in the Minneapolis Park System and home to Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden, miles of skiing and hiking trails, a snowboard park, 18-hole golf course and swimming beach.

North of Folwell is the North Mississippi Regional Park, a large somewhat hidden park along the banks of the Mississippi River. This urban oasis features stunning scenery, covered picnic areas, fishing dock, boat launch and a new state-of-the-art playground with a wading pool. During the winter months, the park is very popular for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.

The neighborhood contains few renters, with owner occupied homes making up 75% percent of all households in Folwell with the remaining 25% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $36,162 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

 

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account