Minnesota Living in Inver Grove Heights

Inver Grove Heights Minnesota Real Estate

REALTOR® in Inver Grove Heights Minnesota include agents such as Sam Schullo with Coldwell Banker, Leonard Schwartz with Coldwell Banker, Mark Mason with RE/MAX and Kim Ziton with Keller Williams. According to Realtor.com, these are the four “most active” real estate agents in Inver Grove Heights. We checked current home values in the community and found that values have increased 7.9% from the past year and according to the housing experts at Zillow, prices will increase 3.5% this year. The average home price is currently about $230,000 which will buy you a small single family house in the area. 

Relocating to Inver Grove Heights Minnesota

The City of Inver Grove Heights is located approximately 9 miles southeast of downtown St. Paul along the banks of the Mississippi River and is known for its safe neighborhoods, quality school system and abundance of recreational amenities.  Inver Grove Heights is home to approximately 33,917 residents and is bordered by Eagan and Sunfish Lake to the west, West St. Paul and South St. Paul to the north, the Mississippi River to the east and Rosemount to the south.

Inver Grove Heights Minnesota Real Estate

Inver Grove Heights is easily accessible via Interstate Highway 494, U.S. Highway 52, and Minnesota Highway’s 55, and Minnesota Highway3, four major routes that pass through the city.

There has been significant commercial development and residential growth in recent years, and the city features two small commercial shopping areas. The Cahill Corridor located around the intersection of Cahill Avenue and 65th Street, features notable establishments such as Drac’s Pub and Restaurant, Gertens Farm Market, Bierstub, Aldi’s and the Cahill Diner. The area about one mile northwest around Highway 52 and Upper 55th Street features a large movie theater complex, Outback Steakhouse, a couple of hotels, bank branches and a gas/convenience store. Further north of the city in West Saint Paul is the Robert Street commercial corridor which features large national retailers, department stores and several dining and entertainment options. The city is also home to Gertens Landscape Center, one of the oldest and largest landscaping centers in the Twin Cities and a very popular shopping destination for local residents.

Inver Grove Heights is home to hundreds of businesses including the corporate headquarters of CHS Inc which is ranked 145th on the Fortune 500 list of US corporations.  Other leading employers in the city are Inver Grove Heights School District #199, Travel Tags, Inver Hills Community College, Evergreen Industries and Wal-Mart.

Inver Grove Heights features an extensive park system with 27 designated city parks. South Valley Park, conveniently located in the center of the city, is a popular park that features several athletic fields, picnic areas, walking paths and acres of wooded and open natural areas and ponds. Salem Park, located just south of Schmidt Lake, is another popular neighborhood park that features basketball and tennis courts, picnic areas and a large state-of-the-art playground for the younger residents in the area.

The city of Inver Grove Heights is served by the Inver Grove Heights Community Schools District (ranked 7 out of 10 by greatschools.org) which operates five schools in the city including three elementary schools, one middle school and Simley High School. Additionally the city is also   home to Inver Hills Community College, a 90-acre college that serves over 8,000 students throughout the region.

Inver Grove Heights contains a majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 78% percent of all households in Inver Grove Heights with the remaining 22% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for Inver Grove Heights is $59,090 per household.

 

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account