N Minneapolis Homes in Shingle Creek

Shingle Creek N Minneapolis Homes

According to Referz real estate expert, Chuck Harris, home prices in the Minneapolis Shingle Creek neighborhood range from the low $100’s to the upper $100’s. Finding a North Minneapolis real estate agent can be done through the real estate agent directory.  You’ll find that Kurt Nowacki of Rock Solid Companies has a solid track records of helping clients in the area.

The Shingle Creek neighborhood, named after the creek that flows through the neighborhood, is a quiet residential neighborhood located in the far northwestern corner of the city adjacent to the Minneapolis suburb of Brooklyn Center. This quaint north Minneapolis neighborhood is bound by Xerxes Avenue to the west, 53rd Avenue to the north, Humboldt Avenue to the east and 49th Avenue to the south.

Shingle Creek is known for the abundance of green space and parkland located within and just outside the neighborhood. The creek that travels through the neighborhood takes its name from when the first shingle mill was constructed in Hennepin County back in 1852 near the mouth of the creek.

Shingle Creek Park, located along the west bank of the creek, features walking paths and plenty of space for a picnic. The east bank of the creek is another park called Creekview Park. This popular neighborhood park features several recreational amenities including basketball courts, soccer, baseball and softball fields, walking and bike paths, volleyball courts, picnic areas and a large playground that features a 3-story play structure, the only one of its kind in all of Minneapolis. Combined together, Shingle Creek Park and Creekview Park make up 75-acres. Just north of the neighborhood and adjacent to Shingle Creek Park is Centerbrook Golf Course, a challenging nine-hole par three golf course spread over 28 acres.

Nearby Bohanon Park, located just a few blocks east of the neighborhood, is another popular park among residents and features several amenities including courts for basketball and tennis, playground and wading pool for neighborhood children, several athletic fields and a ice rink during the winter months.

North Mississippi Park, located further east of Shingle Creek along the western bank of the Mississippi River, features stunning scenery, covered picnic areas, fishing dock, boat launch and a new state-of-the-art playground with a wading pool. Additionally, during the winter months the park is very popular for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.

While there are no major commercial corridors in the neighborhood, Shingle Creek is conveniently located in close proximity to major retail and shopping areas, mainly just north of the neighborhood in Brooklyn Center. Brookdale, a major regional indoor shopping mall, is located just a few blocks north of Shingle Creek across Highway 100. This popular regional mall features over 75 stores, including major department stores Macy’s, Kohls and Sears. Adjacent to Brookdale along Brooklyn Boulevard are several additional casual dining options, restaurants, coffee shops, a Cub Foods grocery store, Target, Movie Theater, pharmacy, bank branches and a few health clinics.

The neighborhood contains very few renters, with owner occupied homes making up 91% percent of all households in Shingle Creek with the remaining 9% of households classified as renters. Average median household income is $39,159 per household as compared to an overall household income for Minneapolis of $37,974.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account