North Oaks Minnesota Community Real Estate

Best REALTOR® in North Oaks Minnesota

There are hundreds of Minnesota real estate agents selling homes in North Oaks. Some of the best agents according to Realtor.com include DeAndra Dyke with Keller Williams, Sandra Aaron with Coldwell Banker, Norma Abad with Coldwell Banker, Scott Agent with Edina Realty and Christopher Ames. The top real estate agent list is compiled based on their reviews from past clients. 

North Oaks Minnesota best realtor

Zillow also has an opinion regarding the best real estate agents in North Oaks. There list includes Krista Wolter with Coldwell Banker, Marc Owens-Kurtz with Edina Realty and Alan Kortman with Coldwell Banker. 

Zillow best realtor in North Oaks MN

Buying a Home in North Oaks, Minnesota

The city of North Oaks is located approximately 12 miles north of downtown St. Paul and is home to approximately 4,729 residents. This entirely residential suburb centered on the picturesque Pleasant Lake is unique to the Twin Cities and is bordered by Shoreview to the west, Lino Lakes to the north, White Bear Township and the city of White Bear Lake to the east and Vadnais Heights to the south. Structured around Pleasant Lake

North Oaks is easily accessible via County Road’s 96 and J West, two routes that pass through or border the city.

Formerly a gated community, North Oaks covers approximately 6,500 acres of rolling heavily wooded hills, open fields, lakes, ponds and wetlands. The city is entirely residential and all land is owned by residents that make up the North Oaks Home Owners Association. Unlike all other suburbs in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, the North Oaks Home Owners Association maintains all roads, plowing, parks, facilities, and recreation trails and each homeowner’s property extends halfway into the street, making North Oaks the only city that does not own any property. North Oaks does maintain a city government with a Mayor and City Council and administers all the basic services residents would expect form their home community such as a police department, fire department, planning and licensing.

Shopping and commercial areas are located at the borders of the city, primarily along Country Road 96 to the south and County Road J West to the north. These smaller commercial areas feature, grocery stores, coffee shops, convenience stores and several other smaller service-oriented businesses that cater to local residents.

The theme of North Oaks is to preserve the natural surroundings of the area. Most of the homes and roads within the city were developed to preserve the natural topography, drainage, woodlands, and numerous wetlands that are scattered throughout the city. The city contains approximately 1570 homes as well as three newer developments.

The North Oaks Home Owners’ Association administers all road maintenance and all recreational facilities. The city’s recreational facilities include 25 miles of trails, tennis courts, athletic fields, and a beach with canoe access on Pleasant Lake. The trails connect all residential areas and also pass through a designated 620- acre Conservation Area within the city that is part of a the 885-acres of permanent open space.

North Oaks features one pre-school and is served by the Mounds View and White Bear Lake Area School Systems (ranked 6 out of 10 and 7 out of 10 by greatschools.org respectively). Combine, these two school districts feature fourteen elementary schools, five middle schools, and four High Schools, including two high schools that were ranked in the top 5% of high schools in the nation by Newsweek magazine in 2010 – Mounds View and Irondale.

North Oaks contains an overwhelming majority of home owners, with owner occupied homes making up 99% percent of all households in North Oaks with the remaining 1% of households classified as renters. Average median household income for North Oaks is $149,158 per household.

Published in Neighborhood ProfilesTags:
0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

      ©2016 REFERZ. Connecting real estate agents with clients in need

X
- Enter Your Location -
- or -

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account